Friday, April 20, 2007

Torenia OCD



Well, my wife finally let me go to Family Tree Garden Center in Shawnee. I am a prone to headaches when my mind is overstimulated. So I try to "keep it in first gear" when it comes to my excitement. I was doing really well until I came upon Torenia Yellow Moon. I've always liked Torenia Clown Mix since I helped introduce it when I was handling the advertising for PanAmerican Seed Co. a division of Burpee. Also known as the Wishbone Flower for the little stamen inside the flower that looks like a wishbone. I also like it for its adaptability from shade to part sun.

So here I am at the greenhouse just wheeling along and then I saw it. A cutting propagated torenia with yellow outer petals leading to a violet throat. In my overs 35 years of gardening, please note I started at age 6, I have never seen anything like it. I immediately started thinking where I could use it in my pots. Since I don't plant anything until the first week of May, I reluctantly didn't buy it. But now I have some sort of buyers remorse and now I'm obsessively thinking about it. Well not excessive, just a lot. Like any gardener, I just can't wait to grow it. With this kind of plant OCD, can anybody help me?

No comments: